No!
It can't be!
He's had internet service for two months and not a peep...not a monosyllabic rant...not even one word.
Well...there's a good explanation...he's been working!
 |
| Red Hobo Purse - watercolor on watercolor paper |
This is actually the first piece of what I hope will be a fairly decent series. I like candid scenes of people doing their own thing when no one is watching. I know that sounds kinda creepy in a voyeuristic sense but it's not. I promise. Hopefully you'll see...as the others come along...
 |
| Untitled - watercolor on watercolor paper |
This isn't a very good photo and it doesn't really do the painting a whole lot of justice. It's relatively small (only 11 inches wide and 17 inches tall) but it's one of the only abstract pieces that I've ever created that I actually liked enough to hang on my wall.
And finally...
 |
| Lake of Fire - acrylic on canvas |
This is without a doubt of my more inspired pieces. For almost two solid days, I painted on this giant canvas. Being that it's roughly 3 feet tall and about 10 feet wide...it's also the largest singular piece I've ever created. I actually inherited the canvas from a very good friend of mine, Jim, who himself had inherited it from a friend of his. It sat sitting on his dining room floor for over a year as I repeatedly told him I'd take it off his hands once I have the space to hang it and do something with it. Well it's been hanging on my wall for over two months now and only this past weekend did I feel a stirring...a surge of creativity so strong that it was powerful enough for me to consume this large canvas with my own sense of self expression.
I told you I'd been working.
Comments, questions, queries, conundrums...all theories and postulations are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment